Servings: 6 Prep 20 mins Bake 30 mins Cook 10 mins
- 1 12 ounce bag whole-wheatwide noodles (such as ronzoni Healthy Harvest)
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 15 ounce container refrigerated marinara sauce (such as buitoni)
- 1 16 ounce container 2% cottage cheese
- 1 10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 1 large egg
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees . Coat a deep 2-quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to boiling. Add noodles and cook 5 minutes. Drain.
3. Crumble beef into empty pasta pot. Cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, until no longer pink. Drain off excess fat. Remove from heat and stir in marinara sauce.
4. In large bowl, combine noodles, cottage cheese, spinach, 3/4 cup of the cheddar cheese, egg, scallions, salt and pepper.
5. Transfer noodle mixture to prepared dish. Top with beef and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Cool slightly before serving.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 520, Fat, total (g): 18, chol. (mg): 111, sat. fat (g): 9, carb. (g): 53, fiber (g): 10, pro. (g): 43, sodium (mg): 954, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.