Servings: 4 Prep 20 mins Bake 350°F 45 mins
- 1 1/4 pounds lean ground beef (such as Laura's)
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sweetened applesauce
- 1 large summer squash, shredded
- 2 large carrots, peeled and shredded
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 5/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch-thick half moons
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (such as McCormick)
- Steamed broccoli (optional)
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 4 small loaf pans (5 x 3 x 2-inch) with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, mix together beef, oats, applesauce, squash, carrots, ketchup, egg, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Spoon into prepared loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until internal temperature registers 160 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer. Cool slightly before turning out.
3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss together sweet potatoes, olive oil and smoked paprika. Place on baking sheet and bake with meat loaf for 45 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt.
4. Serve meat loaf with the sweet potatoes. Accompany with steamed broccoli, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 454, Fat, total (g): 13, chol. (mg): 141, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 47, fiber (g): 7, pro. (g): 37, sodium (mg): 667, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.