Servings: 6 Yield: 6 loaves Prep 10 mins Bake 400°F 20 mins
- 1 egg
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage, casings removed
- 3/4 cup packaged seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons bottled barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 10 ounce box frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 6 servings frozen mashed potatoes, cooked
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Beat egg slightly in large bowl. Add beef, sausage, crumbs, barbecue sauce, paste, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic and onion powders, salt and pepper.
3. Mix together vegetables and mozzarella cheese in small bowl.
4. Divide meat mixture into 6 equal portions. Pat one portion into 7-inch round on waxed paper. Spoon 1/2 cup vegetable mixture over center. Using paper, lift sides of meat up over vegetable mixture; seal edges and ends; shape into oval. Place, seam side down, in 15-1/2 x 10-1/2 x 1-inch jelly-roll pan. Repeat with remaining meat, vegetables for 6 loaves total.
5. Bake in 400 degree F oven 20 minutes, until centers reach 160 degrees F. Serve with accompaniments. Makes 6 loaves.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 494, Fat, total (g): 24, chol. (mg): 115, sat. fat (g): 12, carb. (g): 41, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 27, sodium (mg): 1201, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.