Servings: 12 Prep 15 mins Cook 10 mins Microwave 45 seconds
- 1 1/2 pounds 90% lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 4.6 ounce package hard taco shells
- Shredded lettuce, diced tomato, grated pepper- Jack cheese and sour cream (optional)
1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Crumble in beef and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally with wooden spoon to break up meat.
2. Add onion flakes, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, cumin and pepper. Cook 3 minutes.
3. Whisk tomato paste together with 1/3 cup water. Add to skillet. Cook 2 minutes, until thickened.
4. Meanwhile, heat taco shells in microwave for 45 seconds, as per package directions. Spoon ground beef filling into taco shells and serve with lettuce, tomato, cheese and sour cream, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 12; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 147, Fat, total (g): 5, chol. (mg): 35, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 11, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 14, sodium (mg): 239, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.