Servings: 4 Prep 5 mins Grill 8 mins
- 3 sweet red or green peppers, seeded and cut into 1-inch-wide strips
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (14 ounces) smoked hot beef sausages, halved lengthwise
- 4 hero rolls (5 inches long), halved horizontally
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella or fresh mozzarella balls
1. Prepare grill. Toss peppers, onions and oil in large bowl. Arrange in grill basket. Grill peppers, onions in basket and sausages directly on grill rack 4 minutes on each side. Toast rolls, cut side down, on grill for last 2 minutes of cooking.
2. In same large bowl, toss grilled peppers, onions and sausages with vinegar and mozzarella cheese. Evenly divide sausage mixture among rolls.