Servings: 8 Prep 20 mins Bake 375°F 55 mins Cook 7 mins to 8 mins
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cored, seeded, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 large sweet green pepper, cored, seeded, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 pounds ground sirloin
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) recipe-ready diced tomatoes with jalapeno chiles, drained
- 1/2 cup packaged unseasoned bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chiles
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat 9 x 2-inch round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, peppers and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are softened; do not let garlic brown.
3. In large bowl, combine onion mixture, ground sirloin, half of drained diced tomatoes, the bread crumbs, yogurt, chiles, salt, chili powder, oregano and cumin. Spoon into prepared pan, spreading evenly. Spoon remaining drained diced tomatoes evenly over top.
4. Bake in 375 degrees F oven for 55 minutes or until an instant-read meat thermometer inserted in the center registers 160 degrees F. Let the meat loaf cool in pan 5 to 10 minutes. Carefully drain off any excess liquid from pan.
5. Slice into pie-shaped wedges.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 233, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): 61, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 14, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 25, sodium (mg): 1098, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.