Servings: 4 Prep 20 mins Bake 375°F 40 mins
- 1 package No-Cook Basic Ground Beef Mix with Add-Ins, thawed (recipe on www.familycircle.com)
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mint
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 container (8 ounces) low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded, seeded cucumber
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 regular-size pita breads, split open to form pockets
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line jelly-roll pan with aluminum foil. Coat with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Combine beef, feta, oregano, mint, allspice in bowl. Shape in prepared pan into 7 x 5 x 1-1/4-inch rectangle.
3. Bake in preheated 375 degrees F oven for 40 minutes or until juices run clear.
4. Combine yogurt, garlic, cucumber and salt in a small bowl.
5. Slice meat thin. Place in pitas with tomatoes. Garnish with mint if desired. Serve with yogurt sauce.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 564, Fat, total (g): 25, carb. (g): 46, pro. (g): 37, sodium (mg): 1027, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.