Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 30 mins
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato puree
- 1/3 cup bottled yellow mustard
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground red pepper
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Whisk together tomato puree and mustard in large non-aluminum saucepan until smooth. Stir in water, vinegar, corn syrup, lemon juice, sugars, chili powder, dry mustard, paprika, red pepper, onion powder, salt, black pepper and garlic powder. Simmer, stirring, 30 minutes. Refrigerate up to several weeks.
Tip Grilled Short Ribs:
- Sprinkle 6 beef short ribs, cut into 1-rib portions (about 3 pounds), with 1 teaspoon each salt and coarsely ground black pepper. Grill or broil ribs 20 to 30 minutes, turning and basting often with 2 cups barbecue sauce. Boil any leftover sauce in saucepan 1 minute. Serve sauce on side.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 193, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): 48, carb. (g): 10, pro. (g): 17, sodium (mg): 666, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.