For a casserole recipe that appeals to kids, try this combination of hot dogs, baked beans, and cornbread.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Brown franks in large skillet, about 3 minutes on each side. Cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces.
3. Mix beans, ketchup, mustard, sugar, molasses and pepper sauce in 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish. Stir in sliced franks. Can be prepared a day ahead to this point and refrigerated.
4. Bake in 350 degrees F oven 30 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, saute green onion in oil over medium heat until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Set aside.
6. Whisk cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Stir in green onion along with cooking oil.
7. Mix eggs and milk in small bowl. Stir into flour mixture until smooth. Spoon over casserole.
8. Bake for 30 minutes more or until top is golden brown. Let cool 10 to 15 minutes before serving.