Servings: 6 Prep 20 mins Cook 30 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 cups sliced escarole (about 1 small head)
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 5 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
- 1 package No-Cook Basic Ground Beef Mix with Add-Ins, thawed (see recipe on www.parents.com)
- 1 19 ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat. Add celery and onion; saute for 5 minutes or until softened. Add escarole and garlic; saute for 2 minutes or until wilted.
2. Add broth, water, wine and red-pepper flakes. Bring to simmering; cook 12 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, shape the beef mix into 24 equal balls, 1-1/4 inches in diameter.
4. Drop meatballs gently into soup. Simmer 10 minutes or until cooked through. Stir in beans and cheese. Heat through. Serve with a loaf of crusty bread.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 320, Fat, total (g): 14, chol. (mg): 55, carb. (g): 12, pro. (g): 23, sodium (mg): 292, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.