1. Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Saute beef and onion in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until beef loses red color, 6 to 8 minutes. Add rice and sweet green pepper; cook about 3 minutes. Stir in raisins, pine nuts, cinnamon, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and 3 tablespoons parsley; cook for 1 minute.
3. Stir in 1-1/4 cups of the water. Bring to a simmer; cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until rice is tender. Add additional 1/4 cup water if mixture becomes too dry during cooking.
4. Meanwhile, cut off tops from tomatoes; scoop out pulp and reserve.
5. Sprinkle inside of each tomato with 1 teaspoon brown sugar. Fill each tomato with about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of the stuffing. Place tops back on tomatoes; place in 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish.
6. Place reserved pulp in food processor or blender. Add remaining salt and pepper. Puree. Pour around tomatoes in baking dish.
7. Bake, uncovered, in 325 degrees F oven 30 minutes, until heated through. (This can be made a day ahead, refrigerated, and reheated.)
8. To serve, arrange tomatoes on large serving dish. Add remaining parsley to cooking liquid in baking dish. Pour around the tomatoes.