Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Cook 30 mins
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 2 onions, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds bottom round London broil, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk baking mix
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill OR: 1 teaspoon dried dillweed
- 1/2 cup milk
1. Stir together 1/2 cup beef broth and flour in small cup until smooth.
2. Melt butter in 6-quart large, deep pot over medium-high heat. Add onions; saute 5 minutes. Add beef, green beans, remaining beef broth, the water, mustard, salt and pepper. Simmer, covered, 5 minutes.
3. For dumplings, combine buttermilk baking mix and dill in bowl; stir in milk just until moistened.
4. Stir flour mixture, then stir into stew; cook until thickened, 1 minute.
5. Drop about 9 dumplings, about 1 tablespoon each, on top of simmering stew. Cook, uncovered, 10 minutes. Then cover and cook 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 509, Fat, total (g): 30, chol. (mg): 109, sat. fat (g): 12, carb. (g): 29, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 30, sodium (mg): 1237, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.