Servings: 4 Prep 10 mins Cook 20 mins
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound beef top-round steak, cut across grain 1/4 inch thick
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 sweet green peppers, cored, seeded, cut in 1/2-inch-thick strips
- 2 sweet potatoes (1 pound), peeled, quartered lengthwise, sliced crosswise 1/4 inch thick
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 cup water
1. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in skillet over high heat. Season meat with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Saute 2 minutes each side. Remove; keep warm.
2. Add remaining oil to skillet; saute peppers, potatoes, onion 6 minutes. Add curry, ginger, red pepper, remaining salt; saute 2 minutes. Add water; cover; cook 6 minutes, until potato is tender; stir occasionally. Add meat; heat. Serve.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 375, Fat, total (g): 15, chol. (mg): 71, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 31, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 29, sodium (mg): 793, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.