Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Cook 20 mins
- 1 pound ground meat loaf mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup packaged unseasoned bread crumbs
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons hot curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (14 ounces) coconut milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) frozen green beans and toasted almonds
- 3 cups instant rice
1. Combine ground meat loaf mix, eggs, bread crumbs, salt, 1/2 teaspoon of the hot curry powder and black pepper. Shape into 18 meatballs, about 1 heaping tablespoon each.
2. Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat and saute onion about 5 minutes. Add broth, coconut milk and remaining curry powder. Bring to a boil.
3. Add meatballs; simmer, covered, 15 minutes, turning meatballs over halfway through cooking. Stir in green beans and toasted almonds. Bring to boil. Stir in instant rice. Cover; remove from heat. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 509, Fat, total (g): 28, chol. (mg): 50, sat. fat (g): 16, carb. (g): 45, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 20, sodium (mg): 714, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.