Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Cook 12 mins
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound new potatoes, thickly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package (4 cups) Cook-First Ground Beef Mix, thawed, see recipe on www.familycircle.com
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1 can (16 ounces) chick-peas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chutney OR: apricot jam
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup light sour cream
1. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt to enough water to cover potatoes in saucepan. Bring to boiling. Add potatoes; cook 12 minutes or until fork-tender. Drain well. Place potatoes around edge of serving platter.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in skillet over low heat. Add ginger, curry powder, cumin and cinnamon; cook, stirring, 1 minute.
3. Increase heat to medium. Add the beef mix, peas, chick-peas, chutney, water and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in the sour cream. Mound on serving platter. Garnish with sprigs of fresh cilantro or parsley if you wish.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 602, Fat, total (g): 25, chol. (mg): 95, carb. (g): 62, pro. (g): 39, sodium (mg): 844, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.