Servings: 8 Prep 10 mins Cook 2 hrs 10 mins
- 3 pounds boneless chuck, 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 13 3/4 ounce can beef broth
- 1 can of water
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 15 ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
1. Saute beef in oil in 4-quart pot until meat changes color but doesn't brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
2. Combine chili powder, cumin and flour in cup. Add with garlic to beef; stir to coat meat. Add oregano.
3. Combine broth and water in bowl. Add 1-1/2 cups broth mixture and pepper to meat. Simmer, partially covered, 1-1/2 hours, stirring.
4. Add remaining broth mixture to meat; simmer, partially covered, 30 minutes or until meat is very tender.
5. Add beans; heat through. Garnish with sour cream and lime.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 404, Fat, total (g): 20, chol. (mg): 130, sat. fat (g): 8, carb. (g): 13, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 44, sodium (mg): 449, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.