Servings: 8 Prep 15 mins Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
- 25 whole cloves
- 1 medium onion, halved
- 1 center-cut corned beef brisket (3 to 4 pounds), trimmed
- 1 carrot, peeled
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 head green cabbage, cut through core into 8 equal wedges
- 1 package (1 pound) peeled baby carrots
- 1 pound small red potatoes
1. Stick cloves in onion. Place onion, beef, single carrot and cinnamon in 6-quart pot. Add enough water to cover ingredients. Bring to simmer. Cover; simmer 3 hours.
2. With slotted spoon, remove onion, carrot and cinnamon; discard. Add salt and cabbage to pot. Cook, covered, 15 minutes. Add carrots and potatoes; cook, covered, 15 minutes, until carrots and potatoes are tender.
3. Remove brisket; slice. Serve with vegetables. Drizzle with broth.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 361, Fat, total (g): 24, chol. (mg): 117, sat. fat (g): 8, carb. (g): 14, fiber (g): 7, pro. (g): 24, sodium (mg): 1518, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.