Servings: 8 Prep 15 mins Cook 1 hr 20 mins
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped sweet green pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 28 ounce can tomatoes, in puree, coarsely chopped
- 1 4 ounce can mild green chilies, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 16 ounce package spaghetti
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- Oyster crackers, for garnish
1. Heat oil in Dutch oven. Add onion, green pepper and garlic; cook over medium-low heat until vegetables are tender, 8 minutes. If too dry, add water, 1/4 cup at a time.
2. Add beef, chili powder, cinnamon and allspice; cook, stirring, until meat is no longer pink, 10 minutes. Add tomatoes, chilies, vinegar, salt and sugar; cover and simmer 1 hour.
3. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain.
4. To serve, arrange hot spaghetti on large platter. Spoon chili over spaghetti. Top with cheese and green onion. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 458, Fat, total (g): 16, chol. (mg): 53, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 56, pro. (g): 24, sodium (mg): 817, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.