Servings: 8 Prep 20 mins Cook 8 hrs (low) plus 45 minutes (high)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 2 - 2 1/2 pound beef chuck roast
- Salt and pepper
- 1 26 ounce jar pasta sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups mini wagon wheel pasta
- 1 cup baby carrots, halved diagonally
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cut green beans
1. Coat a 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray; set aside. Season beef with salt and pepper. Place beef in the slow cooker. Add sauce and water. Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 8 hours or high-heat setting for 4 hours. Add pasta, carrots, and beans, stirring into liquid. Increase to high-heat setting, if necessary, and cook 45 minutes more (pasta, vegetables, and meat should all be tender). Makes 8 servings.
Tip Stovetop Method:
For Easy Cleanup:
- Prepare as above, except place beef in a deep skillet or pot and add pasta sauce and water. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover; simmer for 1 hour. Add pasta, carrots, and beans. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes more or until beef, pasta, and vegetables are tender.
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 275, Fat, total (g): 7, chol. (mg): 61, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 23, Monounsaturated fat (g): 2, Polyunsaturated fat (g): , Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 3, sugar (g): 5, pro. (g): 29, vit. A (IU): 2867, vit. C (mg): 8, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 8, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): 1, Folate (µg): 69, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): 2, sodium (mg): 460, Potassium (mg): 497, calcium (mg): 91, iron (mg): 4, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.