Here's a great meat and potatoes weeknight dinner recipe. Spicy oven-fried potato wedges accompany the onion-topped steak. Serve both with bottled ketchup that's been spiced up with chili powder and other seasonings.
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees F. In bowl, blend chili powder, cumin, pepper and garlic salt.
2. Scrub potatoes; cut each into 8 wedges. Place in a bowl; coat with nonstick cooking spray. Toss with 1 teaspoon of the spice blend. Place on a large baking sheet; roast at 450 degrees F for 45 minutes, tossing occasionally.
3. Stir 1-1/2 teaspoons of the remaining spice blend in ketchup; rub steak with remaining spice blend. Set aside.
4. Once potatoes have roasted for 30 minutes, start steak: Coat 10-inch skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add steak; cook 3 minutes. Turn over; cook 2 minutes. Transfer to a baking pan; add to oven for 10 minutes as potatoes finish cooking. Meanwhile, add onion and 1/2 cup water to skillet; reduce heat to medium and cook 6 minutes or until softened.
5. Check temperature of steak; it should register 145 degrees F on instant-read thermometer. Serve steak topped with onions and with fries and chili ketchup.