The flaky crust for this tasty pie recipe forms at the top. A beef and zucchini mixture followed by a layer of Italian cheeses make the delicious filling underneath.
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Crumble in ground beef. Stir in onion and zucchini and cook for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Spread beef mixture into the prepared 9-inch pie plate. Sprinkle the cheese over the top.
4. In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the biscuit mix, milk and eggs until smooth. Pour mixture over beef mixture.
5. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Cut into 6 wedges and serve with a green salad, if desired.