Servings: 6 Yield: 6 burgers Prep 15 mins Grill 8 mins
- 2 1/2 pounds ground round steak
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1/3 cup good-quality barbecue sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 pound blue cheese, crumbled
- 6 crusty rolls, split in half
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 6 pieces leafy lettuce
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large ripe tomato, thinly sliced
1. Prepare outdoor grill with medium-hot coals, or heat gas grill to medium-hot, or see Broiler Method and Stovetop Method, below.
2. Mix beef, onion, sauce, salt and pepper. Make 6 burgers, 3/4 inch thick.
3. Grill uncovered, 5 minutes. Turn over; grill until 160 degrees F on instant-read thermometer, about 3 minutes.
4. Top burgers with cheese; grill to melt slightly. Toast rolls. Spread bottoms with mustard; top with burger, lettuce, onion, tomato, roll.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 644, Fat, total (g): 35, chol. (mg): 149, sat. fat (g): 14, carb. (g): 31, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 52, sodium (mg): 1082, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.