Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 1 hr 20 mins
- 6 pieces round steak (about 1-1/2 pounds total), pounded 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet green pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed Italian tomato soup
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushrooms, undrained
1. Lay beef steaks out flat; season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Evenly distribute onion and green pepper over each steak. Roll up each steak from one narrow end, and then secure each with 2 wooden picks.
2. Heat vegetable oil in Dutch oven. Add braciole; saute 2 minutes on each side to brown lightly.
3. Whisk together soup and broth in small bowl. Add mushrooms with their liquid. Pour over braciole in Dutch oven.
4. Simmer, covered, 1 hour 15 minutes. Uncover Dutch oven for last 15 minutes of cooking. Remove beef rolls to platter. Pour cooking liquid over braciole. Serve with pasta if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 343, Fat, total (g): 17, chol. (mg): 61, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 22, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 26, sodium (mg): 1282, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.