Servings: 3 Yield: 6-1/2 cups Prep 15 mins Cook 1 hr 20 mins
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (35 ounces) Italian-style peeled tomatoes
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup half-and-half (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1. Cook onion, carrot and celery in oil in 5-quart Dutch oven over medium-low heat until vegetables are very tender, about 12 minutes.
2. Increase heat to high. Add beef; cook until no longer pink, 6 minutes. Add tomatoes, wine, tomato sauce, salt and pepper, breaking up tomatoes. Simmer, uncovered, 1 hour.
3. Remove from heat. Stir in the half-and-half, if using, and parsley. Keeps refrigerated for up to 1 week.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 3; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 156, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): 34, carb. (g): 6, pro. (g): 11, sodium (mg): 425, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.