Servings: 8 Prep 25 mins Bake 350°F 1 hr to 1 hr 10 mins
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large potato, peeled and grated
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork OR: beef
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan with foil.
2. Beat together eggs, ketchup, Worcestershire, basil, salt and pepper in large bowl. Stir in potato, onion and red pepper. Add beef and pork, stirring lightly with a fork just until mixed.
3. Spoon meat mixture down center of prepared pan, shaping mixture into a 12 x 4-inch loaf, mounding loaf in the center.
4. Bake loaf in preheated 350 degrees F oven for 60 to 70 minutes or until instant-read meat thermometer registers 175 degrees F. Glaze with catsup, if you wish.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 357, Fat, total (g): 25, chol. (mg): 95, carb. (g): 9, pro. (g): 22, sodium (mg): 331, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.