Pureed cauliflower seasoned with nutmeg and cayenne pepper and mixed with Parmesan make a flavorful, low-calorie stand-in for mashed potatoes in this steak dinner.
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add cauliflower; cook for 15 minutes or until very tender. Drain, pressing lightly to release liquid.
2. Add cooked cauliflower into the bowl of a food processor and puree. Add salt, nutmeg, cayenne, butter and Parmesan and puree again. Add milk as needed for a creamy texture. Spoon into a bowl; stir in parsley. Keep warm.Beef:
3. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season sirloin with salt, pepper and 1/8 teaspoon of the dried thyme. Cook for 4 minutes, turn and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Remove from skillet.
4. Reduce heat to medium and add port to skillet. Cook 30 seconds, scraping up browned bits from pan. Add broth, ketchup and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon thyme. Cook 2 minutes, stirring often.
5. Slice steak thinly against the grain. Spoon some of the sauce over the sliced steak and serve with the cauliflower and steamed green beans, if desired.