Servings: 6 Prep 30 mins Chill 2 hrs Cook 20 mins
- 1 pound beef round or sirloin, cut into 2 x 1/2 x 1/4-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large onions, diced (2 cups)
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 container (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 cups hot, cooked noodles
- 12 pimiento-stuffed green olives
1. Combine beef, lemon juice, Worcestershire, salt and pepper in heavy-duty food-storage bag; seal. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; saute until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Add mushrooms; saute until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove to bowl; keep warm.
3. Increase heat to high; heat remaining oil in same skillet. Add beef; saute 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low; stir in onions and mushrooms.
4. Whisk broth, flour and tomato paste in bowl until smooth. Stir into skillet. Cook, stirring, until slightly thickened and bubbly, 2 minutes.
5. Stir in sour cream; don't boil. Serve over noodles; top with olives.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 417, Fat, total (g): 17, chol. (mg): 87, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 40, pro. (g): 27, sodium (mg): 480, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.