Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Cook 1 hr 5 mins Roast 450°F 25 mins to 35 mins
- 1 pound beef chuck, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled, left whole
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can (13-3/4 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Spanish onion, cut into chunks
- 2 sweet red peppers, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
1. Brown beef and garlic in oil in Dutch oven, about 5 minutes. Drain fat. Stir in thyme, salt, pepper, broth. Cover; simmer 1 hour until tender.
2. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 450 degrees F. To roast vegetables, cut all into uniform pieces. Toss thoroughly with olive oil and balsamic vingear. Spread vegetables in baking pan in single layer; do not overlap. Roast 25-35 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender, tossing once or twice during cooking.
3. Bring stew to boiling. Stir in cornstarch mixture; cook, stirring, 2 minutes to slightly thicken. Stir in roasted vegetables and 1 teaspoon vinegar.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 544, Fat, total (g): 17, chol. (mg): 48, carb. (g): 58, pro. (g): 38, sodium (mg): 789, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.