Yield: 24 appetizers Prep 20 mins Cook 10 mins
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup wild rice, finely ground in a chopper-grinder or blender
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes or to taste
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark Asian sesame oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 large heads butter lettuce
- Fresh mint leaves
1. Saute the beef in a large skillet for 5 minutes, until no longer pink. Stir in rice, sugar, pepper flakes, onion, mint, cilantro, lemon juice, soy, sesame oil, salt and pepper. Heat through, stirring frequently. Spoon into serving dish; set on a large platter. Surround dish with lettuce and mint leaves.
2. To serve, have guests spoon a small amount of beef mixture and mint onto a lettuce leaf; roll up and eat out of hand.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 59, Fat, total (g): 4, chol. (mg): 14, carb. (g): 2, pro. (g): 4, sodium (mg): 100, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.