1. Trim any excess fat from ribs. Place ribs in flameproof casserole. Add beer to cover. Cover.
2. Bring to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer, covered, 1-1/2 hours or until fork-tender.
3. Prepare outdoor grill with medium coals, or heat gas grill to medium. Divide sauce; use half for basting, half for dipping.
4. Place ribs on grill; brush with half of basting sauce. Grill, covered, turning often and brushing with remaining basting sauce, for 15 minutes or until crisped.
5. Heat reserved half of barbecue sauce for dipping. Serve with ribs.