Servings: 12 Prep 15 mins Cook 1 hr
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 can (16 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) dark-red kidney beans, drained
- 2 can (15 ounces each) pinto beans, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, drained
- 12 cooked bacon strips, for garnish (optional)
- Jalapeno pepper strips, for garnish (optional)
1. Heat oil in large Dutch oven. Add meat, onion, garlic, chili powder and cumin; cook over medium-high heat, stirring to break up meat, until meat is no longer pink and onion is tender, about 10 minutes.
2. Stir in tomato, ketchup, brown sugar, molasses, Worcestershire and mustard; cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes. Stir in kidney, pinto and cannellini beans; cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes to blend flavors.
3. To serve, ladle chili into bowls. Top each serving with a strip of bacon and jalapeno strips if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 12; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 270, Fat, total (g): 8, chol. (mg): 25, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 41, pro. (g): 17, sodium (mg): 644, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.