Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Cook 12 mins Bake 375°F 40 mins
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 sweet green pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) baked beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared spicy-brown mustard
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and green pepper; cook, stirring, for 6 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and ground beef; cook, breaking up meat with wooden spoon, for 4 to 6 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Carefully drain off excess liquid from skillet.
3. Stir baked beans, kidney beans, barbecue sauce, molasses, Worcestershire and mustard into meat mixture. Scrape into 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish.
4. Bake, uncovered, in 375 degrees F oven for 40 minutes, until liquid has evaporated and mixture thickened.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 570, Fat, total (g): 22, chol. (mg): 71, carb. (g): 65, pro. (g): 31, sodium (mg): 976, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.