Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Bake 400°F 10 mins Grill 6 mins
- 6 whole-wheat hamburger buns
- 1 1/2 pounds ground sirloin or ground round
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 2% American cheese slices
- 1 medium-size red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 mediuim-size tomatoes, cored and sliced
- Ketchup and mustard (optional)
1. Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Heat oven to 400 degrees . Wrap hamburger buns in foil and place in lower part of oven. Bake 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl mix together the ground beef, Worcestershire, garlic powder, salt, Italian seasoning and pepper. Shape into 6 patties and grill 3 minutes. Flip burgers over and grill another 2 minutes. Top with cheese slices and cook 1 minute more for medium.
3. Transfer cheese-topped patties to warmed hamburger buns and add sliced red onion and tomato. Serve with ketchup and mustard, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 308, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): 60, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 28, Trans fatty acid (g): 4, pro. (g): 30, sodium (mg): 755, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.