Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Slow Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6 hours
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (15.5 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 box (8.5 ounces) corn bread mix, prepared according to package directions (optional)
1. Combine beef, onions, pepper, garlic, beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, 2 tablespoons of the chili powder, and 1/2 teaspoon each of the cumin and the oregano in slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6 hours.
2. Remove cover and stir in remaining 1 tablespoon chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon each cumin and oregano, and salt. Serve with corn bread, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 353, Fat, total (g): 7, chol. (mg): 71, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 37, fiber (g): 13, pro. (g): 35, sodium (mg): 710, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.