Servings: 12 Yield: tacos, plus 3 cups beef mixture for another meal Prep 15 mins Cook 12 mins Slow Cook 6 hrs on HIGH or LOW for 8 hours
- 1 beef chuck roast (about 3 1/2 lbs)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 12 fajita-size flour tortillas, heated gently
- Chunky Guacamole (recipe follows)
- 4 ripe avocados, coarsely mashed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup quartered grape tomatoes
- 1 seeded and chopped jalapeno,
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Make It Beefy Tacos
1. Season roast with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add roast and brown on all sides, about 12 minutes total. Remove and discard strings if roast is tied.
2. Coat slow cooker bowl with nonstick cooking spray. Place roast in slow cooker and season with chili powder, cumin and cayenne. Top with onion, sweet pepper and garlic. Pour broth over top.
3. Cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
4. Remove roast to a cutting board and shred with 2 forks. Stir meat back into liquid in slow cooker.
5. Wrap 1/4 cup beef mixture in each warmed tortilla and top with Chunky Guacamole. Chunky Guacamole
6. Coarsely mash 4 ripe avocados in a medium bowl. Stir in 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion, 1/2 cup quartered ,grape tomatoes, 1 seeded and chopped jalapeno, 2 tbsp lime juice, 2 tbsp chopped cilantro, 1 tbsp olive oil and 1/4 tsp salt.
Tip For easy cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 12; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 386, Fat, total (g): 24, chol. (mg): 57, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 24, fiber (g): 6, pro. (g): 19, sodium (mg): 517, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.