Servings: 4 Slow Cook on HIGH for 6 hours
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup frozen chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons Mexican seasoning
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons diced jalapenos
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- Slivered almonds and crumbled queso fresco cheese (optional)
- Warm flour tortillas
1. In a 5-quart slow cooker, combine beef and onions. Sprinkle with Mexican seasoning.
2. In a large bowl, whisk broth, sesame seeds, jalapenos, tomato paste, garlic, oregano, ancho chile powder and cinnamon until combined. Pour into slow cooker and stir to combine.
3. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours. During last hour of cooking, add chocolate.
4. Stir before serving. Sprinkle with slivered almonds and queso fresco, if desired. Serve with warm tortillas.
Tip For easy cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.