Servings: 4 Prep 20 mins Cook 15 mins
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice
- 3/4 pound flank steak, cut against the grain into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 pound broccolini, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 sweet red peppers, seeds removed and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 sweet onion, peeled, halved and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound shelled edamame
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
1. In a medium-size bowl, whisk together broth and cornstarch. Add soy sauce, ketchup and five-spice.
2. If prepping ahead, pour broth mixture into ziptop bag and sliced steak into a second ziptop bag. Place broccolini, peppers, onion and garlic into another ziptop bag. Refrigerate up to 2 days.
3. To prepare, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sliced steak and stir-fry 3 minutes per side. Remove to a plate.
4. Add remaining tablespoon oil to skillet; add broccolini, peppers, onion and garlic. Stir-fry 7 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
5. Add broth mixture and simmer 1 minute, until thickened. Stir in edamame, steak and any accumulated juices. Heat through.
6. Serve with cooked rice.
Note Take a Dip:
- Edamame is high in fiber, low in fat and 1/2 cup provides 17% of your recommended daily allowance of protein. In the bowl of a food processor, combine 1 lb frozen, thawed, shelled edamame, 1 tsp onion salt, 1/2 tsp garlic powder and 1/4 tsp hot sauce; process until smooth. With processor running, drizzle in 1/4 cup each olive oil and water. Serve with whole-grain crackers.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 497, Fat, total (g): 15, chol. (mg): 28, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 55, fiber (g): 6, pro. (g): 34, sodium (mg): 714, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.