Servings: 4 Prep 20 mins Cook 15 mins
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2 pound whole-grain linguine (such as Barilla)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound flank steak, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 large green bell pepper, cored, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 8 ounce can chopped water chestnuts, drained
1. In a small bowl, whisk broth, soy sauce, ketchup, vinegar, cornstarch and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Lightly salt and add broccoli. Bring back to a boil and cook for 3 minutes. Scoop out broccoli with a slotted spoon and reserve. In same pot, cook pasta for 6 minutes; drain and set aside.
3. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add steak and pepper and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Stir in sauce and simmer 1 minute until thickened. Add broccoli and water chestnuts; cook 2 minutes. Toss with pasta and serve immediately.
- Substitute soy crumbles for flank steak.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 453, Fat, total (g): 12, chol. (mg): 19, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 63, fiber (g): 7, pro. (g): 26, sodium (mg): 689, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.