Servings: 12 Prep 5 mins Slow Cook 7 hrs to 8 hrs
- 1 1/2 pounds beef chuck, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 14 1/2 ounce cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 3/4 pound small potatoes, halved
- 1/2 pound frozen peas and carrots, thawed
1. In a medium bowl toss beef with flour. Add to a 4 to 6-quart slow cooker along with the tomatoes, potatoes, salt, pepper and 1/2 cup water. Cook on low for 7-8 hours (or on high for 5 hours).
2. Stir in peas and carrots and let sit for 5 minutes. Transfer the stew to a food processor or blender and puree to desired consistency for baby. Leave the stew chunky for toddlers and grown-ups.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 12; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 128, Fat, total (g): 3, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 12, fiber (g): 3, sugar (g): 3, pro. (g): 14, sodium (mg): 283, calcium (mg): 28, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.