- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 3/4 pounds boneless beef chuck, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 green pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 ribs celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) petite diced tomatoes with chiles
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (15 ounces) hominy, drained and rinsed
- Corn tortillas and salad (optional)
1. Coat slow cooker bowl with nonstick cooking spray. Place onion in bottom and add beef; season with salt. Add green pepper, carrots, celery and garlic. Pour tomatoes and 3/4 cup of the broth over the top.
2. Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
3. Mix cornstarch with remaining 1/4 cup of broth until smooth. Stir into slow cooker during last 15 minutes of cooking; add hominy.
4. Serve with corn tortillas and salad, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 274, Fat, total (g): 8, chol. (mg): 75, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 24, pro. (g): 28, sodium (mg): 799, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.