Yield: 5 cups Prep 20 mins Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
- 1 19 ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 14 ounce can vegetable broth
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
1. Lightly coat a 2-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place the beans and onion in the cooker; set aside. In a medium microwave-safe bowl combine the rice, broth and water. Microwave on 100% power (high) for 3 minutes or until just boiling. Pour over beans and onion in cooker.
2. Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 3-1/2 hours (rice should be tender). Stir in tomatoes, cheese, and parsley. Makes 5 cups.
Tip Stovetop Method:
- In a 3-quart saucepan heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium. Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes or until tender. Stir in the rice. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Add broth, water and beans; bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, cheese, and parsley. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 269, Fat, total (g): 3, chol. (mg): 115, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 31, Monounsaturated fat (g): 1, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, fiber (g): 3, sugar (g): 3, pro. (g): 29, vit. A (IU): 194, vit. C (mg): 21, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 6, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 40, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): 2, sodium (mg): 205, Potassium (mg): 456, calcium (mg): 61, iron (mg): 3, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.