- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 2/3 cups canned or cooked corn
- 1 can (15 ounce) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1. Rinse quinoa under cold running water. In a medium saucepan, combine 3/4 cup quinoa with 1-1/2 cups water. Heat to boiling over high heat. Stir in salt, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until liquid has been absorbed. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine corn, beans, and salsa. Stir in quinoa, lime juice, and cilantro.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 193, Fat, total (g): 2, carb. (g): 38, fiber (g): 7, pro. (g): 9, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.