Servings: 8 Prep 10 mins Cook 15 mins
- 4 strips bacon, chopped
- 1 medium-size onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, undrained
- 1 ancho chile, toasted, soaked, seeded, pureed
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup shredded Jack cheese
1. Cook bacon in large pot, stirring occasionally, over medium-high heat for 4 minutes; bacon should not be crispy. Add onion, garlic, coriander and oregano; cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion is softened.
2. Add beans with liquid, chile and tomato; heat through, 6 minutes. Remove from heat; top with cheese.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 183, Fat, total (g): 8, chol. (mg): 15, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 24, fiber (g): 8, pro. (g): 13, sodium (mg): 570, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.