Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Bake 30 mins Cook 400°F 25 mins
- 1 package (6 ounces) Uncle Bens Original Recipe Long Grain & Wild Rice
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/3 cup diced pimiento
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped slivered almonds
1. Heat oven to 400 F degrees. Grease 2-quart casserole. Cook rice mixture following package directions.
2. Melt butter in large saucepan or skillet. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in flour, salt, pepper, half-and-half and broth; cook, stirring, to thicken, 5 minutes.
3. Add chicken, pimiento, parsley, nuts, rice. Spoon into casserole.
4. Bake, uncovered, in 400 degree F oven for 30 minutes. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 376, Fat, total (g): 20, chol. (mg): 78, sat. fat (g): 9, carb. (g): 30, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 20, sodium (mg): 894, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.