Servings: 8 Prep 10 mins Bake 450°F 8 mins to 10 mins Cook 16 mins to 18 mins
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (11 ounces) condensed black bean soup
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) thin-crust prepared Italian bread pizza shell for 2 pizzas OR: 3 pounds frozen pizza dough, thawed, for 3 pizzas
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
- 1 large sweet green or red pepper, cored and thinly sliced OR: 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Saute beef in skillet until no longer pink, 8 to 10 minutes.
3. Add tomato, chili powder, salt, pepper, cayenne and cumin; cook, stirring, 1 minute. Stir in soup; simmer 5 minutes.
4. Place 1 bread shell on baking sheet. Evenly spread half the meat sauce over crust, leaving 1-inch border all around. Sprinkle half the cheese and half the green pepper over top. Repeat with the other crust and remaining ingredients.
5. Bake in lower third of 450 degrees F oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 458, Fat, total (g): 22, chol. (mg): 74, sat. fat (g): 9, carb. (g): 37, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 29, sodium (mg): 1009, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.