Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Cook 14 mins
- 4 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1 cup quick-cook barley
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 2 cans (19 ounces each) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked Italian-seasoned chicken sausages, cut into 1/4-inch coins
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 medium-size tomato, chopped
1. In a large saucepan, mix broth, 4 cups water, barley, paprika and onion salt. Cover; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
2. Mash 1 can of the beans and add to the saucepan. Add the other can unmashed. Add sausage, mixed vegetables and tomato. Cook, covered, about 3 to 4 more minutes, stirring occasionally, until all ingredients are heated through. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 337, Fat, total (g): 5, chol. (mg): 61, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 53, fiber (g): 11, pro. (g): 21, sodium (mg): 971, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.