Servings: 12 Prep 10 mins Bake 350°F 3 hrs 30 mins
- 6 cans (15.5 ounces each) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 strips thick-sliced smoked bacon, cut crosswise into thin strips
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons spicy-brown mustard
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon liquid hot-pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 strips thick-sliced smoked bacon
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish with nonstick vegetable-oil cooking spray.
2. Combine beans, water, onion, bacon pieces, ketchup, molasses, brown sugar, mustard, salt, thyme, pepper sauce and black pepper in large bowl. Spoon bean mixture into prepared pan, spreading evenly. Arrange bacon strips over top. Cover dish with foil.
3. Bake in 350 degree oven for 3 1/2 hours. Let stand before serving until thickened, about 45 minutes. Makes 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 12; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 133, Fat, total (g): 2, chol. (mg): 5, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 25, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 4, sodium (mg): 1180, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.