Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Cook 12 mins
- 1/2 small eggplant (8 ounces), cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 sweet green pepper, cut into 1-inch square pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 Italian turkey sausages, each cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 box (5.9 ounces) curry-flavored couscous mix
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
1. Heat broiler.
2. Toss together eggplant, green pepper, red onion, lemon juice, the 1 tablespoon olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper in large bowl.
3. On 4 metal 10-inch skewers, alternately thread pieces of eggplant, green pepper, red onion and sausage.
4. Place skewers on broiler-pan rack and broil 6 inches from source of heat or until heated through, about 12 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking and brushing with the remaining olive oil.
5. Meanwhile, prepare couscous according to the package directions, adding the raisins if desired. Spoon couscous onto a platter; arrange kabobs over top. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 241, Fat, total (g): 12, chol. (mg): 58, carb. (g): 42, pro. (g): 16, sodium (mg): 725, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.