Servings: 8 Prep 20 mins Total Time 45 mins
- 1 pound dry penne or fusilli pasta
- 2 cups small cauliflower florets
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken or vegetable stock, divided
- 1 15 ounce can cannellini beans, undrained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
2. In a large skillet, cook cauliflower and broccoli in hot oil over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook and stir 30 seconds more. Add 1/2 cup chicken stock. Cover and steam for 3 minutes.
3. Add beans with half of their liquid, the remaining 1/2 cup stock, the butter, and salt. Cook and stir until the beans are heated through and the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Add pasta and toss until heated through, about 1 to 2 minutes. Season with pepper and top with cheese. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 339, Fat, total (g): 8, chol. (mg): 10, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 53, Monounsaturated fat (g): 3, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 5, sugar (g): 2, pro. (g): 12, vit. A (IU): 255, vit. C (mg): 33, Thiamin (mg): 1, Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 4, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 163, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 291, Potassium (mg): 285, calcium (mg): 86, iron (mg): 3, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.