Servings: 12 Prep 5 mins Slow Cook 6 hrs on HIGH or LOW for 8 hours
- 1 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp packed dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 12 seeded hamburger buns
- Jarred sliced mild jalapeno peppers (optional)
1. Whisk together tomato sauce, vinegar, onion, brown sugar, molasses, salt and pepper in slow cooker insert. Add chicken breasts and thighs. Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours or on LOW for 8 hours.
2. Uncover and remove chicken from sauce to a bowl. Pour sauce into a medium pot. In a small bowl, blend cornstarch and 1 tbsp water. Stir into sauce in pot. Bring to a boil; boil 1 minute until thickened.
3. Meanwhile, with 2 forks, roughly shred chicken. Pour sauce over chicken and gently stir to combine. Spoon shredded chicken mixture onto rolls and top with sliced jalapenos, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 12; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 312, Fat, total (g): 6, chol. (mg): 88, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 35, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 29, sodium (mg): 616, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.